Love is Truly a Strange thing.


Love can fix all of your problems, and it can ruin everything else. Love tangles your emotions and drives you to ecstasy, but can shoot you down and complicates all others.
It's a maze. You either go in and struggle your way towards happiness or fall before the path of heartbreak and misery. It has no direct answer.

You meet someone. Fall in love. Be happy. Be broken. Be everything, everyone and be life itself. 

Since day one in life people been talking and writing about love but none -including myself- been remotely close to the essence of true love and what it is for a fact. This is not from a scientific standpoint of course.

But what it is love? (Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more... Sorry had to throw this pun here)

I'm one of those people that just love to love, the feeling of love itself is wonderful. Make you feel complete, and capable of doing absolutely everything you want. You feel true serenity deep down and you can literally taste life. In love, life truly has a sweet scent to it and a beautiful taste that one can't have enough of. But on the other side of love, there's suffering. The unbearable feeling of suffering and heartbreak.

You have to hold your ground when it's time to taste the shitload of heartbreak in order to get the everlasting joyful moments of love… Or so I was told. But I realized that it's not about bearing someone else's shit to get their sweetness. It's about being one with your significant other. Two people come together in one bond that is called love, they melt all boundaries, they break every single rule that exists, and they reunite that wandering soul between two bodies into one, one single bond of love.

They say that pain is essential to love. Is it true? I have no idea, I am too young to figure it all out still. But I know that once you are in love pain will find you, knock on your door... Actually, it doesn't knock on your door, it knocks your door down and track you down, searches everywhere until it finds you AND THEN it makes sure that your small insignificant moment of happiness is torn apart. 

But this is not a thing that must happen, in fact, I don't think it's any of love's fault. 

It's our own doing, WE RUIN OUT MOMENTS. We let the pain in willingly. But to be fair it's quite complicated because some of us are not that strong against pain.

This took a wrong turn, I am supposed to talk about love... Anyways, back to the main topic LOVE. 

In my short life -so far- I've encountered a lot of people in my way that fall victim to the illusion of love, or simply fall for the wrong guy/gal -myself included- maybe because we face such small moments of happiness and we get dragged into it, thinking that it will last for as long as we want it to. That's not good for the soul, to lead ourselves on for too long that we can't find the way back. WE'RE STUCK WITH THIS PAIN GOD DAMMIT. Annnnyway... 
It's in our nature to seek happiness because we all deserve to be happy. We all need to be happy and even if we're not, at least, we can be at peace with ourselves. Some of us struggle before finding true love and this finding the gateway to being happy, and many others find love, hold on tight, then lose it, staying in a long long limbo of sadness. 

Here I am venting on something that I don't fully understand…

Will I or anyone else get the true colorful and sometimes the gray meaning of love? Perhaps not, But nonetheless most of us understand its essence even if we can't mutter it in words, we use another unspoken language to express it. 
I am not even sure when or how or if I can find true long lasting love. Maybe I can hold onto the thought of love itself regardless of the person I end up with, or maybe the person I end up with open my eyes to a new meaning of love. 
I can't grasp the true meaning of this strange thing called love and describe it, but I can surely keep on drifting with my words until I come close to it and then,,, Hold on I don't have to describe it. All I have to do is just feel it.

With all the heartbreak and all the pain, all the sorrow and all the mourning that comes hand-in-hand with love, I am willing to take all of those. Because it means being alive, and life comes with so many beautiful things that accompany bad things in its way. 

Love and be loved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

تعلم الأنجليزيه في مليون خطوه (عنوان مضلل)

Labeled

روتين... بقلم يمنى فتحي