Unplugged

A couple of days ago I decided to go offline. It has been quite the experience; considering the fact that I've realized what I already knew a long time ago: How time-consuming the cyberspace is. We long for acceptance and recognition from people we hardly know. Our entire lives are held hostages to this massive yet insignificant world that we willingly give it the power to control us. Personally, I've grown a compulsive routine of going back-and-forth through virtual data -via Facebook- trying to catch up with people I care for; isn't it easier to talk to them face-to-face? Perhaps not. Social Media has made our lives harder, has made our conversations robotic to the point where it could ruin relationships based on our different reception of messages. However, my life is not better floating around this humongous space.
During my hiatus, I've paid more attention to the smaller details around me. I was able to analyze some of the problems I have and I've evaluated relationships, that I wouldn't be able to evaluate having Social Media in my life.
Unplugged is the correct word to describe this experience that I surely will try again. I unplugged myself for a couple of days, and willing to do the same thing often. You can focus on the things you need to focus on without distracting annoying notifications, without having people stalk you or you stalk them back. Without pouring all of your focus and efforts into making "virtual" people liking you.
One of the things that I wholeheartedly despise is the negative energy spreading round and round by the majority of people –Guilty of occasionally doing so- This is not a place for someone with self-esteem issues nor someone trying to stay positive. It’ll eat you up and chew you out before you even realize so. I sincerely hate the fact that one’s views could be made fun of by anyone all due to the simple fact that it is not sophisticated enough for some people or not silly enough for some others… Although I am guilty –again- of doing the exact same thing, but I honestly never realized how much it could leave a scar. Speaking of which, I also came to the conclusion that my life has been paper-thin. I’ve done nothing remotely impressive during an extended period of time, and then that conclusion got bigger in my mind… Don’t we all have paper-thin lives? We care more about Facebook likes, getting virtual attention than having a real conversation with someone we care for and about. The majority of the people around me do the same thing…
This post might be ridiculed or belittled by whoever is reading as well, but I sincerely wouldn't care if such thing happened. It's not the thing to brag about really, isn't it? Nonetheless, I've been an addict that finally got off the shit he's taking... For some considerable time. But all-in-all, what am I genuinely trying to say is that life... real life, deserves more from us than roaming randomly in a vast space like the one provided by different Social Media applications.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

تعلم الأنجليزيه في مليون خطوه (عنوان مضلل)

Labeled

روتين... بقلم يمنى فتحي